Thursday 20 October 2016

Music term 3

Music


Music

Paste this into the blog post

I can describe the characteristics of music in songs from the past and present and from different genres.

Over the past 9 weeks I have been learning to describe the characteristics of music from songs of various times and genres.

I can name and define these characteristics of music… (list them below and explain what they are)

1.Harmony:A combination of music notes to make a pleasing effect.
2.Melody:Multiple notes that are played at once.The part that gets stuck into your head.
3.Form:How the song is laid out. E.g the tempo, harmony and etc.
4.Timbre:What makes the song unique and different.
5.Rhythm:A repeated pattern of movement or sound. E.g drums.Also like the beat of the song.


What did you find most interesting during this topic.
I found old songs interesting because they're so different to the latest songs.

Which characteristic do you find yourself picking up on when listening to your own music now?
When I listen to my own music I often hear rhythm because it's just really easy to hear( and form you can listen and Know the layout of the song.

Here is an example of my learning

No comments:

Post a Comment